The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) came into effect on 1 January 2021. 54 of the 55 African Union members have signed the AfCFTA agreement. Workers and their communities face some risks within the AfCFTA, yet trade unions lack a well-formulated policy position on the agreement.
- assist unions in developing their policy positions on the AfCFTA agreement
- assist unions to engage with the AfCFTA processes with confidence.
- assist unions to formulate their responses and campaigns
What you will learn
- What the AfCFTA agreement is
- Why unions should be concerned about the AfCFTA
- how to identify and advocate for proper labour provisions in trade agreements
- What it will take to create decent work within the AfCFTA.
To know more visit www.tradeunionsinafcfta.org